Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy 1 year runaversary to me!!

1 year ago today I did something a little crazy, I signed up for the Princess Half Marathon. The fact that I signed up was not the crazy part, the crazy part was that I had never really run before!!! I could probably count on my hands how many times that I had run in my life! I picked out a couch to 13.1 plan I thought would work for me and started running just like that. It has been a year of pain, heartache, more pain, but most of all more reward than words can describe.

One year ago I could not even run a mile and since January, through injury, major health issues, and life in general I have managed to run 363 miles!!!! A half marathon, one 5k, and one 4 mile race are included in those miles. I have 3 races under my belt and a ton more to come. Race season is upon us and I am ecstatic!! I can't wait to get out there and start collecting some PR's and some bling! Yes, I run for the bling!! :) Today also marks the first run day of my new 13.1 training plan. In just 81 days I will be running my second half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment